Tuesday, April 04, 2006

'Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional'

Wise words from an angmoh in my tute. Sort of explains why the kids here in uni are so childish. *Throws arms up in air*

Had a formative exam today. I personally found the questions quite crappy! Like 'What are the most important risk factors and protective factors of Mary's drinking problem'. Thinking along biomedical lines, I wrote something like RISK FACTOR: LIVER CIRRHOSIS. PROTECTIVE FACTOR: REDUCED RISK OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE. You will never guess how smart I felt writing that, especially the latter part. To my horror, the answer was RISK FACTORS: BREAKDOWN OF MARRIAGE, LOSS OF DRIVER'S LICENSE. PROTECTIVE FACTORS: FAMILY SUPPORT, BEING EMPLOYED. WTH?

Learnt something else recently: In Roman law, a person's ability to testify was intimately linked with the possession of testes! This was because he was swearing upon is testes, which would be crushed if he lied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home