Monday, May 26, 2008

Gourmando Review: The Point @ Albert Park Lane



Ok, I tried finding a pretty picture of the place in daytime but it didn't work out. The boyfriend and I had a 3 course lunch there last Saturday =)

Skate (fish that has been cooked such that the meat is loosened from the bone)

Kerf's initial order: Gentle on the taste buds (perhaps too gentle) with a hint of sourness. Meat was a tad overcooked. Knife was way too blunt to allow elegant eating without having sauce flying.
Overall score: 6/10

Porterhouse Steak


My intial order: Supposed to be medium rare but was more medium than rare - tough on the outside and slightly raw inside, albeit without blood. Challenging on the masseter and temporalis muscles. The sauce was slightly below expectations (although being stronger, it was more agreeable to my tastebuds than the fish's sauce); I thought I detected a hint of bitterness too. Overall score: 6/10 (Black Angus in Singapore has better steak)

Kerf and I ended up swapping our mains 3 minutes into the meal =)

The desserts saved the day:

Hazelnut Parfait

Beautifully done! 10/10. Best hazelnut dessert I've tasted.

Chocolate tart

This one's a bit hard to rate because hey, its chocolate. Its good by default. 8/10 because although its good, its not any better than chocolate desserts I've tasted elsewhere.

Conclusion: The ambiance and service were faultless (it overlooked a lake!), but I don't think I'll ever be coming back for the mains. Desserts maybe. Then again, considering this meal was $40/person, I might need to think twice. I mean I could have an equally good meal at Giorgios and have spare case to go shopping with right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home