Saturday, April 22, 2006

City...the place to be

Remember the story of Town mouse and Country mouse? Well, I've figured out that I can relate better to the Town mouse. Having spent a large part of my youth in the city, I longed to get away to the countryside and live life in oblivion. In Perth, I got my wish, and quickly realised that it wasn't all that chimerical after all.

To cut a long story short: I went to the city today (2nd time since I've arrived in melbourne) to meet up wif Fong Chin and her family. Had lunch at a little pizza + pasta place. Was too full to do myself justice by having dessert at the ice-cream parlour.

Found out that my cousin had a chiongster girlfriend. Cracked me up.

Came back to the little surburb of Clayton only to find that the S'pore meddies were meeting for dinner at Monash Pizza. Damnit! Went along anyway. Ended up eating placenta-looking sweet&sour chicken from the dodgy chinese restaurant next door.

Returned home to chat with mom and watch TVB!

Currently watching:
War and Beauty. I seriously think that this show should have been named Warring Beauties. Its about these few concubines in the palace bitching for the emperor's favour. Unbelievable. I'm beginning to appreciate the 21st century more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home