Sunday, October 29, 2006

What I've been studying lately.

Deliberative model of the Physician-Patient Interaction

A rich tai-tai (picture Rosie from Phua Chu Kang) strolls into The Beautiful Life clinic...

Dr Chong
So, tell me what you don't like about yourself?

Patient
My boobs. I'd like to upsize them to F-cup

Dr Chong
Erm, I don't think F-cup would suit you. I'd recommend Jessica Alba-cup.

Patient
Dun want la...I want F-cup.

Dr Chong
Why F-cup?

Patient
The bigger the better mah. Then I got the right to wear low-cut tops, like Pamela Anderson. *Winks at doctor*

Dr Chong
Actually, that isn't the right value to have. Don't you think that exaggerated size is aesthetically repulsive? I think so. You are not going to have anything other than Jessica Alba-cup.

This is how the Deliberative model can turn into the Paternalistic model.

Paternalistic model of the Physician-Patient Interaction

Patient
Give me a few good reasons why I should get that vaccine.

Dr Chong *To the nurse*
Grab him and hold him down. *Forcibly jabs patient*

Dr Chong *Wags index finger at patient*
You'll thank me one day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my, my.. this Dr Chong sure sounds familiar especially with the tinge of Jessica Alba ;)

1:19 PM  
Blogger Prof. I. M. Kewl BSc, MSc, M.D., PhD (Pseudomedicine) said...

oei oei, who's the dr chong fella? sounds like a cool fella to me.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home