Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Foodie review: Werner's

Since I've gotten back in June, I haven't had my craving for 'teer kah' (pork trotters) satisfied. Blame inflation, for it has caused a dramatic reduction in servings. Now in order to fill my tummy, I have to order 2 bowls/plates of whatever. It can't be the gym-ing that has caused this appetite explosion right?

But at 7pm tonight, my craving was finally satisfied. I had a massive pork knuckle ALL TO MYSELF at a cosy joint along Upper East Coast Road (opposite Siglap's Killiney Kopitiam).

Yummy...it's really not as dry as it looks. Texture was perfect. Taste was enhanced by the sour-ish veggies on the right. $19.50.
Fried Cheese & Cranberries. 8/10 on orgasmic scale. $8.80
Dad's well-done steak. Tasted very different from other steaks because they didn't bathe the meat in the traditional mushroom/red-wine/black-pepper sauces. Instead, they buried it under fried onions, so it had the BBQ-ed taste. Dad couldn't get enough of the wedges.
Jon's lamb chops in rosemary and lemon sauce. Again very unusual taste! Palatable even for a lamb-hater like myself.

(All photos in this post were taken by the Samsung Omnia)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home