Wednesday, April 26, 2006

1st Hospital Visit

Bused over to D. Hospital today. Decked out in a pant-suit I suspect I was overdressed, considering the docs weren't nearly as formally clad. Well, I didn't bring my ID card, and suddenly I remembered 'Catch Me if You Can', where Leo pulls off pretending to be a doctor despite not having attended med sch just by acting professional, which inspired me to put on the full pant-suit upon alighting the bus.

Got to interview 2 patients. Bumper harvest! The 1st was an Aborigine who had had his appendix removed the night before. The other was a 60+ yr old white male who suffered from hypertension/osteoarthritis/menier's/cancerous tumor in colon. I won't go into details on the condition(s), but is was pretty fun. And tiring. Especially because I was in those 'power shoes' which are freaking high.

On another note, there's something I can't get out of my head! On Monday night, after badminton, YH/John/Ling/Kel and I trooped toward Mess Hall for dinner, during which our conversation turned to the movie 'Memoirs of a Geisha'. YH made a sublimely interesting observation (I always knew he was a science person!): It seems that whichever movie Zhang Ziyi stars in, she gets screwed like hell. It happaned in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and again in House of Flying Daggers. Now in the Geisha movie too. wth? She's undeniably good at it, I must say. *Some raunchy scenes from House of Flying Daggers flashes across my mind*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home